Delta: Due to cooler temperatures and higher relative moisture levels, Delta Fire & Emergency Services has declared that the Fire Danger Rating has been downgraded to Moderate, says Mayor of Delta.
This down grade does not apply the open burning ban that is still in effect.
The following five previously closed parks are now open;
· Boundary Beach Park Reserve (35–66 Street, Tsawwassen)
· Watershed Park (11600 Kittson Parkway, North Delta)
· Cougar Canyon Nature Reserve (11300 Block of 72 Avenue, North Delta)
· North 40 Park Reserve (located north of Churchill Street, Ladner)
· Delta Nature Reserve (8000 Nordel Way, North Delta)
“With the recent forecast of continuous warm weather, we anticipate the Fire Danger Rating may upgrade again to Extreme within a couple of weeks,
Staff will be monitoring the situation closely and will reevaluate park closures at that time.
Please note that Metro Vancouver’s Stage 3 Watering Restrictions are still in effect. ” warns Mayor’s office.